PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO READ THIS.
We know it's a lot of information, but it's important.
Auditions for this year's show will be
Mon Feb 13 and Tue Feb 14 from 4:00 - 7:00 PM.
Casting is open to kids in grades 1-8. No experience needed, BUT, please read the info below to properly prepare and allow your child to present themselves in the best possible light. Competition for casting in LagunaTOTS is significant. We expect 50-70 kids will audition and No Square is a small theatre so our space is limited.
Please follow all the underlined links for required forms.
- Download and fill out an AUDITION FORM clearly and legibly. Bring it with you to the audition.
- ALL PARTICIPANTS MUST PROVIDE PROOF OF IMMUNIZATION. We work hard to provide a safe and positive environment for our performers. Vaccinations are a part of that. For additional details, please read our policy.
- Select a 2 minute section of a song. Memorize it, and bring either the sheet music in the correct key, or an accompaniment (karaoke) recording on a CD. Tracks can be found for purchase on iTunes and the internet by searching the "title" of the song, and "karaoke". Sheet music can be purchased on line from sites like MusicNotes.com and SheetMusicPlus.com. An accompanist, and a CD player will be provided. No singing a cappella (without accompaniment) or along with a recording that includes a vocalist. Also, please consider age-appropriate material for your child. While hearing a kid sing pop hits can be great fun, make sure you know the lyrics, so that your child isn't singing inappropriate words.
- Download and fill out a CONFLICT CALENDAR clearly and legibly. Bring it with you to the audition. NO ONE will rehearse all of these days/times. It is our hope that working with No Square will enrich your life rather than trash it. To that end, we make every effort to create a detailed and specific rehearsal schedule that will allow you to perform with confidence, yet not over-tax you. However you must honor the schedule you ultimately receive by arriving on time and prepared so that we can create the best possible result with the limited time we have. Be realistic about your schedule. If you/you’re child already have multiple activities, you don’t have time to add a musical.
- Dress rehearsal and PERFORMANCE TIMES are mandatory.
- Cast members may rehearse solos during alternate hours as coordinated with production staff. I.e. if schedules permit, you may work on your personal material with production staff at any time.
- Rehearsals & Performances all take place here at No Square.
- Nearly all communications regarding the show will be via email with emergency changes addressed via text. Please be certain we have your correct cell phone, email address and check your email daily. Please add production staff to your address book so that our notes to you aren’t filtered as trash or junk mail.
- The cast will be notified via email from the Stage Manager email@example.com.
- Once the rehearsal schedule is posted, changes are rarely made. I.e. An “off” day will not be rescheduled for rehearsal. When emergencies or illnesses occur, we will be as flexible as possible, and give everyone involved as much warning as we can manage.
- Parent/Guardian is required to attend the first rehearsal, after which parents strongly discouraged from attending rehearsals. (The show will be a delightful surprise and the kids work better when parents aren’t in the mix.)
- LagunaTOTS is variety-style show, with all participants singing and dancing. While our production staff will direct and instruct cast members, performers must have the ability to take direction, maintain pitch, and do a variety of dance steps and/or basic blocking.
- Cast members will be required to access the internet and download provided rehearsal materials, print them as needed, and bring them to each rehearsal.
- To maintain a safe and positive environment at rehearsals and performances, No Square Theatre has a "3 Strikes" policy:
A cast member who behaves inappropriately as determined by production staff (being abusive to other cast members, etc.) will be told to stop that behavior. If the behavior is repeated, the parent will be notified of the problem via email. If the behavior is repeated for a third time, the cast member will be dropped from the show.
NOTE: We use a Monday to Sunday production calendar.
No Square Theatre
Info (Recorded) 949.715.0333
Ella Wyatt, Director/Choreographer
Bree Burgess Rosen, NST’s Artistic Director
Tickets are sold on line, and IF AVAILABLE, at the door on the night of events. There are no “comp’s” or free tickets, no refunds, and seating is reserved, not open. This means, if you purchase tickets and then want to add to your group, the additional seats will not be with the first group. NST is a small venue and all seats are good with unobstructed sight lines. We will also SELL OUT. Once we have, there is no way to make room for more parents, grandparents, or others. Please plan ahead so that you’re able to see your kids perform when & as many times, as you like.
There’s no parking at the theatre. Best to plan on picking your kids up at the stated time. We’ll keep them inside until you’re ready for them. To attend a performance, please allow ample time for parking. The lot on Park Avenue and Legion, across from Laguna Beach High School is your best bet.
No Square Theatre is a non-profit organization. We gratefully accept your financial and in-kind support. Our programs are not funded by box-office, they are funded by our generous donors and grants from the Laguna Board of Realtors Charitable Assistance Fund, Laguna Beach, The Lodging Establishments and City of Laguna Beach, The Festival of Arts Foundation.